Start learning about everything you can do with Unclouded
Dive into our documentation and integrate with your app in minutes.
Unclouded is a software platform for building collaborative applications employing device-to-device communication. Its purpose is to eliminate the complexity that device-to-device interactions involve by offering tools and services that enhance the development of rich collaborative software.
Currently, we provide a free and open-source SDK for Android that enables to interact with nearby devices over local communication technology like a local (WiFi) access point or hotspot. The SDK is well suited for simple (collaborative) applications as well as applications running in highly volatile networks. As these networks are characterized by an exhibiting intermittent connectivity and little infrastructure, device-to-device interactions are extremely hard to manage. Using our SDK, this complexity is automatically taken care of without compromising on functionality.
Key features of the Unclouded Android SDK are:
- Clean and simple to use API
- Automatic discovery of devices in the network
- Receive notifications when devices disconnect or reconnect
- Communication is event-driven and asynchronous
- Data can be passed by copy or by reference
- No need to worry about concurrency and distribution
- Can be integrated with you app in minutes
- Free and open-source
More tools, as well as support for iOS is coming soon.